What is is: A malicious website can be crafted that will allow IE to be compromised and allow code to be executed on your computer.
What is affected: Internet Explorer versions 6, 7 and 8.
What you can do:
- Get the IE patch from WindowsUpdate.
- Run Internet Explorer in protected mode on Vista and Windows7.
- Use a lower access account when browsing the web. Do not log in as administrator.
- Raise the security zone in Internet Explorer to high.
- Use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Opera.
More technical details can be found @ http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/979352.mspx