Websense reports that malware is on the rise and the methods of spreading it are changing.
- 13.7 percent of searches for trending news/buzz words (as defined by Yahoo Buzz & Google Trends) lead to malware
- 95 percent of user-generated comments to blogs, chat rooms and message boards are spam or malicious
- 35 percent of malicious Web attacks included data-stealing code
- 58 percent of data-stealing attacks are conducted over the Web
- 85.8 percent of all emails were spam
- an average growth of 225 percent in malicious Web sites
Read more here