GOM Player is a powerful tool to play video files, and it is only a lack of interest of the customers and the monopoly of the giants that this tool has gone largely unnoticed. It is a very versatile player, which means that you may come across any format, and GOM player will play it for you. It has excellent video quality and does not force the users to install any external codecs. The player, when downloaded, comes complete with all the codecs you will ever need to operate the videos through this.
GOM Player (Gretch Online Movie Player) is an excellent free media player for PC which supports audio or media file of any type i.e. .mp4, .mpg, .flv, mp4, .mov, .flv , mpg, ts, .avi, 3gp, .mkv, .rmvb, .ogm, m4a, mp3, .vob,.dat, .divx, .wmv, .m4v, .ifo, .asx, .ogg .Codec Finder service helps in searching the right codec for any file not supported by the player. Apart from various built-in codecs, it allows the user to play or stream VR and 360-degree videos with custom configuration. Advanced user support features include automatic subtitle detection from its database, adjustable screen size, capturing screen and stereo mode options with high-quality video output. GOM Remote is the astonishing feature which allows the user to link smartphone with GOM for easy access and control. Attracting interface, classic features like creating playlists, easy to use and modern features like VR, 360 and GOM Remote makes it the most efficient and user-friendly media player for PC.
Comparison with other GOM Player:
The player is extremely easy to access and install. As opposed to what might be expected by software that has been buried by the giants, the player still manages to maintain its position as one of the simplest players in the market. This is saying something, because most of the users do not like to work through complicated formats and interfaces.
What are the GOM Player pros?
Unfortunately, GOM Player has not been scrutinized to a microscopic level, but whatever has been gleaned from research and critical usage of the media player mostly is of an acceptable level. This includes the following:
1. The interface is simple and easy.
2. GOM Player is completely free.
3. The player automatically searches for any extra codecs whenever these are required.
4. It has a sleek, user friendly design.
5. The codecs have already been included. This is important because with most of the other players, searching for the appropriate codecs is a headache.
What are the GOM Player cons?
1. The player does not have the sophistication of the other similar softwares.
2. It does not have all the features of the other softwares. For instance, it does not allow customization to a degree as great as some of its competitors.
3. It installs the Google bar alongside this. This might not be trouble for most of the users, since many people use the Google bar. However, for some of the customers, this is particularly irritating.
4. It also connects automatically to the internet when it is launched, and this too without the permission of the user.
5. There is no option to simply move to the next file. Instead, when one tries to move to the next file, the current file begins to fast forward.
All in all, GOM Player seems to be a good video player. Perhaps the greatest service that it has to offer is the inclusion of the codecs which allow it to be one of the most versatile players there are in the market. GOM Player is great software for beginners and those people who do not fuss a lot about technicalities. For the people who have already used the other giants of this field, the player might seem an oversimplification of softwares of its kind, which can be both bad and good. In the light of reviews, the Player receives a definite 3 stars out of 5 and is therefore highly recommended.
Homepage – http://player.gomlab.com/eng/