Times are tough. Many people are struggling to make the ends meet. You are probably feeling the pinch too. But does that mean that you can’t get any nice software for your computer?
Nothing could be further from the truth! That’s just what the companies that are selling expensive premium software want you to believe. There are plenty of free programs that are just as great as the paid ones!
So let’s take a look at the best free software for your PC…
Top 5 free PC programs
Whatever it is that you want to do, you can probably get a free PC program for it, because there are just so many. But which ones are the best ones? Here is a list of the best free software for your PC…
● Open Office suite. Are you used to Microsoft Office but don’t want to pay money for it? Well, look no further than Open Office suite. With Open Office, you can create and edit text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. It has pretty much the same functionality as Microsoft Office. The main difference? Open office is completely free!
● Google Chrome. Let’s keep it real. The default Windows browser, the Internet Explorer, is not necessarily the best option out there. It’s just too slow! So which alternative should you use? We recommend Google Chrome. It’s light, it’s fast, it’s customizable… And it’s free!
● VLC media player. Windows Media Player is great when everything is set up properly, but that can take quite some time. But what if you don’t know how to do it? Well, then you should ditch the Windows Media Player, and get the VLC player, which is completely free and can pretty much play anything under the sun. No more headache!
● Skype. We live in a world that is more and more scattered and more and more connected at the same time. All of us have family members or friends who live abroad. Only a generation ago, we’d have had to resort to really expensive international phone calls, and a few generations ago letters were the only option. Now, however, we can keep in touch with our loved ones via chat and free international audio and video calls. These things are at the core of what Skype does.Moreover, with Skype, you can send and receive files, do group chats, have conference calls, and much more!
● Avast Free Antivirus. One of the disadvantages of owning a PC over owning a Mac is that PCs are much more vulnerable to viruses. That means that it’s important to take extra care to protect your computer. But what to do if you can’t afford a premium antivirus? Don’t worry, there are plenty of free ones out there, and Avast Free Antivirus is the best of them. It provides a protection from viruses, offers a full computer scan, and blocks suspicious URLs. What more could you ask?
These free PC programs will let you do all the basic things you use your computer for, from creating a spreadsheet to browsing the Internet to watching a movie to chatting with friends, all the while being protected from viruses and malware. That’s pretty great, right?
You don’t have to spend a ton of money just to be able to do basic things on your computer. Always look for the best free software for your PC. You will be surprised by how much money you can save this way!