Mozilla Firefox is one of the world’s most popular browsers available in 90 different languages and completely free. Packed with a large number of features, constant updates, and superior functionality, Firefox remains a browser focused on privacy and security.
The continuous addition of features makes Firefox one of the most user-centric browsers. Simple features such as cookie management, password protection, private browsing, and many more give Firefox an edge over its competition.
– Plugin support. Firefox offers a platform for developers to make plugins and enhance user experience. The plugin library is accessible to all users and makes it easy to install secure and useful plugins such as adblockers, themes, autofill tools, and many more.
– Private browsing. The private browsing feature allows you to open a new Firefox window that is completely private. It hides all your personal information and prevents tracking cookies from interacting with other cookies and websites.
– Password management. Firefox can save and manage all your passwords. When you visit a website for which a password and username were saved, they will automatically be filled in. As an extra layer of protection, a master password can be set to prevent unauthorized access to your password library. Firefox can also generate complex random passwords for you and save them in the password library.
– Autoplay blocking. Firefox stops all websites from auto-playing sounds and videos. It allows you to also completely mute tabs and prevents notifications from disrupting your browsing session.
– Screenshot tool. Taking screenshots on websites is easier than ever. Firefox comes with a built-in tool to save screenshots or a portion of a page in the form of an image.
– Simple multiple-tab management. Firefox supports multiple browsing tabs, each one of them handled individually. If one page stops responding, all other tabs will still be responsive. You can open multiple Firefox windows and move tabs between them with just click and drag.
– Enhanced tracking protection. Firefox can block companies from tracking your web activity or reading cookies left by other websites including social media trackers.
– Profile sync. Creating a Firefox account enables even more useful features such as syncing. You can sync passwords, cookies, history, plugins, bookmarks, and many more across multiple devices.
– Unified search/address bar. If you do not know the exact address of a website or want to search for something, the address bar will perform the search using your preferred search engine and open the search results page.
– Toolbar customization. You get full control over how you use Firefox. The toolbar can be customized to have more or fewer buttons and you can choose what specific buttons you want as well as bookmarks and bookmark folders.
– History management. Closed a tab by accident? You can immediately open it again by going to your browser history and open any recently closed tab or you can look at your entire browsing history.
– Multi-language, multi-system support. Firefox is available in over 90 languages and can be installed on different types of devices. Firefox is available on iOS, macOS, Windows, and Android.