The MacRumors forum has been hacked and 860,000 passwords exposed. If you use or have used this forum you should change your password immediately.
You should never use the same password twice but it can be very hard to remember them. I recommend using a password manager such as KeePass or Lastpass.
KeePass (open source): http://keepass.info/
Lastpass (free or premium): https://lastpass.com/
In this patch…
- Fixed a bug where licence validation occasionally failed.
- Updated internal links
*This was previously posted as an update to 1120 and has been corrected to 1121
Starting now get a one year license for only $1 USD!
There are only 50 available so don’t miss out on this amazing sale!
Click here to get your license!
Another large website was hacked today and email addresses and passwords of over a million people were stolen from the Ubuntu community forum. This follows a string of break-ins including Gawker, Yahoo, Twitter, Spotify, government websites, schools and many lesser known sites. There are over 50 million known stolen credentials.
It is important to re-evaluate your password management.
- Never use the same password on two different sites.
- Do not use any word likely to be in a dictionary by itself.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
- Length is key to making it hard to crack your password. Make it no less than 8 characters.
- Consider using a pass phrase instead of a traditional password.
- Use a password manager such as KeePass or Lastpass.
- Check to see if your email address has been found in a hack.
These are some general guidelines and suggestions. Be safe out there.
In this patch…
Please see the notes for patch 188.8.131.528