Are you fed up with being tracked and monitored constantly when you’re online? So are we. With that in mind, allow us to introduce you to Tor Browser. If you want more privacy and security, it will be your new best friend.
Background about Tor Browser
All of that results in the Tor user staying anonymous while browsing the Internet. And that means other people on the Internet cannot see the Tor user’s activities.
Tor Browser includes various additional bells and whistles, such as Tor proxy, TorButton, TorLauncher, NoScript, and HTTPS Everywhere extensions.
The organization that developed Tor Browser is Tor Project, a nonprofit organization that is based in the United States. They specialize in creating more privacy online by developing free software and open networks.
It is no wonder that the Tor logo looks like an onion, as the browser has layer upon layer of incredible security features and functionality. The next sections cover much more about all that. So let’s delve into more details now.
Purpose for using Tor Browser
People who are on the Internet use Tor Browser to prevent websites from tracking them while they are online. Another purpose behind using Tor is to be able to connect to news websites, instant messaging services, and other features if local Internet providers are blocking those.
People who use Tor can also publish websites.
Tor Browser also comes into play when you think of all the sensitive information that is posted, stored, accessed and configured online. For example, there are:
- Banking and financial details
- Photos and videos of people and loved ones
- Highly sensitive and confidential health information
And there is much other private information that no one would want to be compromised or improperly accessed. And because of all that, Tor Browser is an incredible resource.
Online safety features
Tor is great for people wanting an added level of peace of mind while they’re online. It provides:
- Tracking features. Tor Browser allows for browsing the Internet without tracking features taking place in the background. Tor Browser makes sure trackers and ads are unable to follow you around online. Any cookies that are generated automatically clear out when the Tor Browser user is done browsing. The browsing history also clears out.
- Surveillance features. Tor Browser makes it so the user can be online without surveillance taking place. This is very appealing to many people who use the Internet. No one can see what websites you have visited.
- Censorship features. People who use Tor Browser get an Internet experience that is free of censorship. That is, there is no censorship while the person is online. Needless to say, this is a topic that has been hotly debated in recent years, with many people being adamantly opposed to online censorship.
- Encryption features. Tor Browser includes various encryption features. In fact, it includes three robust layers of encryption technology. That is impressive. How it works is that Internet traffic is relayed and encrypted a total of three times as it is going through the Tor network. That network includes 1000s of Tor relays, which are servers that volunteers operate.
- Fingerprinting features. Another related feature of Tor Browser is the resistance to fingerprinting technology that is based on factors like device or browser being used.
Some details about Tor Browser functionality
Here is a bit of detail about how Tor Browser works and runs. Anyone using the browser can view security level and personalize from there. There are advanced settings where it is easy to make changes. The possible connections are as follows:
- Standard: Every function that is available in Tor Browser is turned on.
- Safest: The safest levels deactivates scripts, media, and certain images. You can switch between turning functions on and off based on your preference.
Here is yet another important thing. Under the general tab, you have the option to designate Tor Browser as your default browser. You can also make changes to the browser’s appearance as you see fit. Set up Tor Browser according to your unique requirements.
Getting started with Tor Browser
Tor Browser is available for both PC and Mac computers using Windows.
It is easy to simply download and install to a computer, and then get it up and running. There are also handy tutorials for people who are new to using Tor Browser.
So what are you waiting for? The time is now to enhance your online experience and upgrade your security features. Check out Tor Browser today.