Tor browser was originally used to navigate through the dark web. Based on the onion routing principal, anonymous connectivity is accorded by the browser. The dark web is a dangerous web part where anonimity is key to dodge the numerous malicious attacks. Tor is being used as one of the most secure browsers in the internet today. It was released for various platform ranging from Windows, Linux and macOS.
It provides a wide range of advantageous features;
1. High data encryption and automated decryption for the recipients
3. Allowing access to blocked websites.
4. Concealing of the user’s IP address to enhance security
5. Multiple user and relay handling.
6. Running of Tor browser from external devices without pre-installing it.
7. Routing data to and from the firewall hidden sources.
Tor is a browser that has been regularly misused. It is therefore recommended that one should always use it for the right purposes.