The open source emulator PPSSPP stands for PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably. Released in 2012, this emulator is compatible with several systems, including Windows, Android, Blackberry, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch, just to name a few. This emulator takes speed and portability to a new level. It allows users to play video games on the laptop or desktop. And it also brings along a variety of configurations. New and old games are easily played and the graphics are vastly improved. The best thing about open source is that anyone can contribute to code improvements. This only makes the emulator better.
How Does PPSSPP Work?
The function of the PPSSPP is pretty straightforward. All you need is a WiFi connection, a PC, PlayStation games, and WinRAR to get you started. After you have downloaded PPSSPP, all you are required to do is press the launch button to see your drives and folders. When you go to the “Homebrews and Demos” folder, you will release the list of games that you can play. Once you click on the game you want to play, it will load up pretty quickly. You can then play it the same way you do on your regular PlayStation.
What Games Are Compatible With PPSSPP?
There are a number of games that are compatible with the system. However, the following list was compiled by PPSSPP users as the overall best:
- God of War – Ghost of Sparta – This action/adventure game has over 2 million downloads. The PPSSPP allows it to be played on any platform without losing quality.
- Naruto Shippuden – Ultimate Ninja Impact – With this game, you can unlock many options and take part in large battles
- Tekken 6 – this high rated game can be played on other platforms. It has 1.4 million downloads
- Grand Theft Auto – Vice City Stories – You can get great play out of this game when its downloaded as a ROM.
- Dragonball Z – Shin Budokai 2 – This action/adventure ROM game is popular worldwide. Popular for series lovers.
- Ben 10 – Ultimate Alien – Cosmic Destruction – This is popular with the under 12 crowd. Plays smoothly with great graphics.
- Naruto – Ultimate Ninja Heroes – This game has millions of downloads. Graphics are also improved via PPSSPP.
- Spiderman 3 – One of the best games to play. Users have access to many new cool features.
- Assassin’s Creed – This game also plays very smoothly and distraction free.
How Does PPSSPP Enhance Your Gaming Experience?
- You can play in HD resolution
- For big screen mobile gaming, you can play on a computer
- You have a choice of using on-screen customizable touch controls. You can also use the keyboard or controller.
- Whatever you save on your PlayStation, you can be transferred over to the emulator.
- Users can save and restore games at any point and time.
- Texture scaling and anisotropic filtering can be turned on at any time.
Users will love the graphics and resolution enhancement. There are also many configuration options that give the user the opportunity to use different controls and filters. The emulator has its own built-in tool that pretty much helps you with all the controls. Additionally, the overall quality can be seen right off the bat.
What Improvements Have Been Made?
Several improvements have been implemented to enhance the user’s playing experience. Most of these improvements involve fixes to remove bugs:
- Graphic fixes were done on the following games: Sol Trigger, Juiced 2, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Last Ranker, and Split/Second
- Improvements made to texture loading and upscaling
- Texture replacements received new background loading to reduce instances of stuttering.
- Several scoped storage bugs fixed
- Many software improvements were made to enhance performance and accuracy
- More debugging features implemented
- ARM64 for Windows was just put in place
Is PPSSPP Safe?
PPSSPP is considered extremely safe to use on Android and all other platforms. To date, there have been no signs of spyware or other malicious software infiltrations. Keep in mind that you should also understand your own PC’s specifications before you perform any type of download. Go to properties and get information regarding RAM, current Windows version, graphics card, and any other information you may need. This will let you know if your system is compatible. Mac is a little bit different. There are two versions available. While you may already have an installer readily available on your Mac, you can also go to the PPSSPP website and get the zip file version to extract. Additionally, Mac users may also want to use the CleanmymacX tool to remove any unsafe apps and delete harmful malware.
The PPSSPP emulator is safe, effective, and one of the best in the industry. This download provides the user with everything they need to have an enhanced PlayStation experience. Not only are games played in HD, but they are also displayed of the highest quality and have several options. This emulator has several advantages over similar video game emulators, like better graphics, the ability to play games on Android, you can download it for free, and it is compatible with most any type of device. Keep in mind that games do not come with the download. You will be required to have access to a PlayStation with your own games.