Initially started as an alternative to uTorrent, qBittorrent has grown into so much more—with a global community of enthusiastic users and developers.
Software created by a community means users have a say in it as well. We are able to continue operating and making the best experience possible.
- Wide compatibility—works with Linux, macOS, and Windows
- Substantial legacy compatibility, even running on OS/2 and FreeBSD
- Incredibly lightweight with a clean, minimal interface
- Security is our top priority via frequent updates
- Collaborative in nature—software that both benefits from and benefits our community
- An easy-to-use search function that consolidates many torrent sources
- Ability to make your own torrents
- Fully supports RSS Feeds
- Users of µTorrent will be easily able to navigate our interface
- Choosing which torrents to prioritize, and can even queue up torrents
- Compatible with port forwarding, including NAT-PMP & eMule
- Completely free of advertisements, supported by our community through donations
- Fully compatible with IPv6
- An emphasis on privacy
- Support for fully-encrypted connections
- Private torrenting
- Able to use magnet links, among many other privacy features
We believe that truly great software should be available to as many people as possible. One of the biggest challenges in qBittorrent is the language barrier. That is why along with being volunteer-designed and donor-funded, qBittorrent is available in more than 70 languages. Each day, we strive to increase our translation efforts even further.
If you would like to become a part of the volunteer community translation effort, we would be delighted to have you work with us. .
Make the switch to us today, and join our community!