There are a lot of people who are interested in exploring everything that Adobe After Effects has to offer. This program has generated a reputation as one of the most powerful animation and editing software programs in the world. Using this program, you can add impressive visual effects, craft beautiful graphics, and make a positive impression on your audience. You can use this program to finish a project for school or put together a presentation for your business. Adobe After Effects can be the perfect tool to help you get the most out of your editing skills.
What Is Adobe After Effects?
Adobe After Effects is an animation software program that is used to add visual effects to moist pictures. It is a popular program in web videos, movies, and TV shows. The software program is typically used during the post-production phase. There are countless effects that can be used to manipulate images on the screen. Therefore, you can use this program to combine multiple layers of images into the same scene. This can help you create a unique effect that can change the way your work is perceived by your audience.
How Can You Use Adobe After Effects?
There are several ways you can use Adobe After Effects. This is a very versatile program, so there are a lot of use cases that could apply. But, there are a few popular ways you can use this program.
For example, you may want to start with animation. You can move and transform layers in the program, allowing you to bring your artwork to life. There are countless digital tools that you can use to edit, manipulate, and alter various properties of your images. Some of the most popular animations you can use in After Effects include:
- Basic 3D animation
- Vector 2D animation
- Kinetic typography
- Visual effects
- UI and UX mock-up animation
There are plenty of other examples, but these are the most popular ways you can use After Effects to animate images.
The Visual Effects
You may also want to explore some of the visual effects. Some of the most popular visual effects you may want to add include seen tracking, explosions, smoke, and fire. You can even use this program to create a green screen environment. If you have some planes going through an urban landscape, you can use this program to add smoke trails. You can even create some impressive lighting effects using the program itself.
How Do You Get Adobe After Effects?
If you want to give After Effects a try, the best way is through the Creative Cloud subscription service. There are multiple tiers available, and you need to decide which one is best for your needs. Some of the plants from which to choose include:
- Students and Teachers
- Schools and Universities
Each subscription plan comes with a different set of features. You should take a look at what comes with each plan before you make a final decision. And you may also want to explore a free trial to check out the features before you make a commitment. You can sign up for a seven-day free trial and explore the various features. Then, you can decide which plan is best for your needs.
The Top Tips for Adobe After Effects
If you are giving this program a try for the first time, there are several important tips you should follow. They include:
- Explore the Layout: When you start the program, it will ask you if you want to create a new project or open a previous one. If you start a new project, you will see a handful of grey panels in front of you. Each one has a slightly different configuration. You may want to use the menu to play around with different layouts to figure out which one works best for your needs.
- Keep Your Files Organized: When you are ready to save a project, you will find the “Save” button under the “File” menu. You need to decide whether you want to save it as a project or a composition. A composition is similar to a sequence, and you can create a new composition from the drop-down menu. Make sure you save your projects and compositions intuitively.
- Learn How To Use the Timeline: Moving around on the timeline can be a bit challenging at first, but it will become much easier once you get used to it. You need to use the “selection tool,” which you can quickly grab by pressing the “V” button. Take a few minutes to explore the timeline to get more comfortable with it.
- Practice Using Transformation Properties: You can scale, size, and move the layers on the timeline. There is a small triangle next to each layer, and you can use it to change the timeline. There is also a helpful set of drop-down options that will give you control of the transformation.
These are a few of the most important tips you should follow if you want to learn the basics of the program.
Can You Use Adobe After Effects To Edit Video?
There are some aspects of your videos that you may be able to edit using this program, but it is not the best option. You will struggle to take multiple video clips, splice them together, and add soundtracks. There are other programs that are much better at this, such as Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. These are programs that have been designed to handle high-resolution videos with ease.
With After Effects, you can vertically stack layers of content on top of each other. But, this is a slightly different process when compared to video editing. Instead of using After Effects as your core video editing program, you should view it as a supporting program. Video editing is easier with one of the other programs listed above.
Get the Most Out of Adobe After Effects
Ultimately, Adobe After Effects is a powerful editing program that comes with a lot of unique features. There are different tiers available, allowing you to customize it to meet your needs. You can use the program to create virtual reality environments, edit images, and add different types of animation. There is also a helpful keyboard shortcut that can make everything easier.
Because there are a lot of features available, you may want to try out the program before buying it. There is a free trial you can sign up for, giving you a chance to try out all of the features before you make a decision. Consider giving After Effects a try.