With the FileZilla free and open-source program, you can upload and download files onto your domain’s server. This includes all your web pages and the codes used to make them work.
- Upload popular file formats – You can send a multitude of file types through the FileZilla uploaded to your website. These include .html, .css, .js, .xls and more required to run widgets, databases, customer forms, online stores and more.
- Single file, folder and subfolders – Upload or download whatever photo, website page or folder you want to your website using it. You can even set up your entire website directory on your computer and upload all of its subfolders to it.
- Multiple security options – Choose from FTP, FTPS or SFTP security levels based on your needs. To protect the most sensitive data, you can use the SFTP, which allows for SSH connections.
- Supports large file transfers – Add several gigabytes of files at once to your server. It allows for much more efficient file transfers than various web-based clients provided by your website host.
Most people can learn how to upload and download files using FileZilla probably in less than an hour. It just requires knowing your domain username and password or just connect anonymously if allowed. You can also use it on several operating systems including Windows, Linux or Mac. In addition, you can use it for the following functions:
- Multiple language support
- Pause and resume file transfers
- Tabbed interface
- IPv6 support
- Easy network configuration
- Remote file search
- FTP-proxy and HTTP/1.1 or SOCK55 support
- Synced file directory brows and search
- Edit of remote files
- Directory comparison
- Adjustable transfer speeds
FileZilla Pro Features
The Pro version offers you advanced control over your data. In addition, it allows you to connect your favorite online storage services associated with either shared or private hosting or VPS modules. For instance, you can use FileZilla Pro with these cloud storage providers:
Using these services helps you set up file downloads either for free or for sale much easier. You can visit the product website for a complete list of the cloud services you can connect to your Pro account.
FileZilla Installation System Requirements
You can usually install it on the latest version of Windows or Mac. If you have an older computer, you could possibly acquire an older version. The company does provide regular updates for the program, so you probably won’t have to worry about it becoming outdated.
A Bit More About FileZilla
Founders released the first version in 2001. It started to become popular in 2003, and it remains one of the most stable free FTP clients out there as of 2021. In addition to the app client that many website creators have relied on for more than two decades, this company now provides a server software. You can get your FileZilla download now and try the free or paid version today.